Will bitcoin be taken over by another cryptocurrency ?

1 minute ago, DenisMNE said:

Hello!

Bitcoin is the most profitable crypto.

It is worth around 9.000 dollars per piece.

My questions is, do you think that an new cryptocurrency will come and be valued higher than bitcoin and easier to mine ?

I think no, no new cryptocurrency will appear that has a higher value than bitcoin and easier to mine because if the cryptocurrency's value is high, it's probably hard to mine so that would be impossible. For the value, Bitcoin has the highest value and the most popular among the cryptocurrencies. I guess no one will create a new coin that surpass the value of Bitcoin.

But in reality, no one knows. They are volatile.

Just now, superman2727 said:

I think no, no new cryptocurrency will appear that has a higher value than bitcoin and easier to mine because if the cryptocurrency's value is high, it's probably hard to mine so that would be impossible. For the value, Bitcoin has the highest value and the most popular among the cryptocurrencies. I guess no one will create a new coin that surpass the value of Bitcoin.

But in reality, no one knows. They are volatile.

Well, bitcoin showed up out of nowhere, so some crypto may do the same in the future.

It is possible that nothing valued as high as bitcoin crypto will come out any time soon, but only time will tell.

I am happy I will be there to see what will happen.

1 minute ago, DenisMNE said:

Well, bitcoin showed up out of nowhere, so some crypto may do the same in the future.

It is possible that nothing valued as high as bitcoin crypto will come out any time soon, but only time will tell.

I am happy I will be there to see what will happen.

Me too, no one can say that Bitcoin will stand a highest for next years because their value can be 0 in just a single blink of your eye. Sounds funny but it is the reality.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that rocked the world as a digital currency and ever since then it has been on top till today. Right now, bitcoin is valued at around $9,000 USD and it's likely to still appreciate. 

There are so many other cryptocurrency and Alt-Currency in the world but none of them would be strong enough to shake the world of bitcoin. 

I do not think that any cryptocurrency will take over Bitcoin. Simply because Bitcoin is too strong a cryptocurrency, it's hard to be taken by some other cryptocurrency. The only question is how long the cryptocurrency will be required, and will it survive for a long time?

• Like 1

There are Ethereum and people are calling this crypto the Bitcoin v 2.0. They are saying that Ethereum has improved almost all the aspects of Bitcoin. It is also more secure and it still has lower value and lots of room to grow. I'm not holding any Ethereum now, but I am planning to get some.

• Like 1
On 4/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, DenisMNE said:

Hello!

My questions is, do you think that an new cryptocurrency will come and be valued higher than bitcoin and easier to mine ?

In my opinion, Bitcoin will not be taken over by another currency because it was the first of its kind and it would evolve to become the world's first globally accepted currency.  But there's also a threat that just maybe each government may launch their own digital currency, and that would spell the end to BTC.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well in my opinion Bitcoin will not be taken over by other currency, but it may be the other way around. Bitcoin is very erratic and unpredictable and its the same reason why it's being one of the most in demand currency nowadays.

18 hours ago, fishbate said:

Well in my opinion Bitcoin will not be taken over by other currency, but it may be the other way around. Bitcoin is very erratic and unpredictable and its the same reason why it's being one of the most in demand currency nowadays.

I completely agree and stand with this your opinion on how Bitcoin stands out among other cryptocurrency in existence today and more that are still coming up. Bitcoin have always occupied the top perch as the most valuable cryptocurrency and it's not ready to get replaced. Even with the little fall in price lately from close to $9,000 to $7,7600, it's still the most expensive cryptocurrency in the world. If you are not aware, there was Bitcoin Cash BCH and it still couldn't rival Bitcoin BTC. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bitcoin is really the first of it's kind and I am certain that no other else can beat it. It's value rises every year although there are some hiccups but still It gains the most high value among others even there are new cryptocurrencies that follows like for example Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum, they maybe more improved than Bitcoin still they even depend on the value that the bitcoin has. Everything goes down If Bitcoin's value fluctuates. I couldn't think of any that could rival Bitcoins success, maybe in the mere future. 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, DenisMNE said:

Hello!

With the price of Bitcoin is still falling below the $6.6k mark, and with governments around the globe are expressing their doubts about Bitcoin because of scams associated with it, I think that eventually another coin with global acceptance will take its place.  It could be a government regulated currency which would be more secure and safe.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont think that any altcoin can replace bitcoin as the #1 cryptocurrency in the world right now. A lot have tried but never succeeded. ethereum tried then there's XRP but those two cant overtake bitcoin. A lot of people in the cryptocurrency world still believes and trust bitcoin.

Bitcoin is unlikely to be dethroned as the number one currency at the moment, though there is always the possibility that one of the existing coins might catch on in popularity, or a new coin will overtake bitcoin. I think the latter is more likely, though it will take a long time before something manages to overtake bitcoin. BTC was revolutionary, and much like how 'google' became a synonym for search engines, bitcoin is the face of cryptocurrency.

People tend to invest more in something familiar and trusted by many others. It also doesn't follow that the new coin will be both higher in value and easier to mine at the same time. We can only really wait and see when it comes to something as volatile as the world of cryptocurrency.

• 1 year later...