Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi2020

What will happen when the last Bitcoin is mined?

Bitcoins are limited to 21 Million, it means you can only mine that much.  Presently more than half has already been mined.  What do you think will happen after the last Bitcoin is mined?

My predictions is that once each single bitcoin is mined, the price will skyrocket to the moon, even masses of lots. And sooner or later person out there with a massive stack of Bitcoin will sell their Bitcoin, it will quickly crashing and resetting the price of the currency. Subsequently, the price will develop beyond recovery, and suddenly Bitcoin will die. That is just my prediction.

After the last Bitcoin is mined, then that will be the end of the road. However, the prices will rise as we near the last Bitcoin.  Furthermore, we can wait and see if the developer is busy developer other Bitcoins. 

I'm sure it will increase its value exponentially. Other than that, only time will can tell. It's hard to predict something as volatile as bitcoin. I hope that people get their money's worth when the time comes. It's going to be a busy time for cryptocurrency exchange when that happens. 😁

2 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I'm sure it will increase its value exponentially. Other than that, only time will can tell. It's hard to predict something as volatile as bitcoin. I hope that people get their money's worth when the time comes. It's going to be a busy time for cryptocurrency exchange when that happens. 😁

According to experts the supply of Bitcoin will be tapped out in the year 2140 or about 122 years from now,  on this year the last Bitcoin will be mined.  But noone knows exactly what will happen next. Would the price appreciate or would it become unsupported? Since miners will stop their mining operations because they wont get paid anymore.

55 minutes ago, Kakashi2020 said:

According to experts the supply of Bitcoin will be tapped out in the year 2140 or about 122 years from now,  on this year the last Bitcoin will be mined.  But noone knows exactly what will happen next. Would the price appreciate or would it become unsupported? Since miners will stop their mining operations because they wont get paid anymore.

Will this happen? I doubt because by then, the developer of Bitcoin will have come up with an alternative way of ensuring mining continues.  I will be dead then, and so many other Bitcoin investors, which is good to say the price is not coming down soon until it happens. 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, focusedwriter10 said:

Will this happen? I doubt because by then, the developer of Bitcoin will have come up with an alternative way of ensuring mining continues.  I will be dead then, and so many other Bitcoin investors, which is good to say the price is not coming down soon until it happens. 

You maybe correct on that, since it's over a century from now, a lot of things can and will happen. There's a chance that Bitcoin would still exist during that time and there's also a probability that Bitcoin won't reach that time.

I think it depends on how the currency develops along the way. If bitcoin stabilizes before all of it has been mined, then there's a high possibility that the mining cap will strengthen the currency if there is sufficient demand for it. 

But if the currency itself doesn't grow enough to have stable demand of it, the cessation of bitcoin mining might scare away some of the potential investors in it, leaving it in a rut.

Many people say the price will rise, but I personally assume that it can fall as well. I guess we'll see eventually, hopefully some time soon.