Is mining dead?

MittensFX

On 11/27/2018 at 5:47 PM, Martinsx said:

Exactly! Who doesn't want to make money on both short term and long term basis? I'm among such persons as well but the difference between them and myself is that I'm very sure and careful before I invest my money on anything. 

I think you're a very smart person. So you know what you're doing. Most people are just trying to make a quick grab for money. They don't even have a clue as to what needs to be done. They're just after the potential profit. They don't consider the risks and hard work needed to actually succeed. 😂

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 12:13 PM, Steve5 said:

That's terrifying. I'd have to agree. It seems that a cashless society is inevitable. Especially, given the emphasis made on cryptocurrency. I hope by then we won't experience these end time predictions. It chills me to the bone thinking about it. 😱

Its terrifying. I have seen in a recent news that in Ireland that there are people now injecting microchips in their right hand. They use it to enter their rooms and even by products or services. They are going cashless nowadays.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I think you're a very smart person. So you know what you're doing. Most people are just trying to make a quick grab for money. They don't even have a clue as to what needs to be done. They're just after the potential profit. They don't consider the risks and hard work needed to actually succeed. 😂

Exactly! If you fail to consider the risk and benefits that are involved in any investment that you desire to get into, monitor the trends in the business and know when is the best time to invest your money, you are definitely going to lose your investment. 

On 11/29/2018 at 5:14 PM, Martinsx said:

Exactly! If you fail to consider the risk and benefits that are involved in any investment that you desire to get into, monitor the trends in the business and know when is the best time to invest your money, you are definitely going to lose your investment. 

I guess that's their first and biggest mistake. They can't really expect to make money off anything if they do things like that. They're just very eager to become rich without really understanding the process in order to get there. 😂

On 11/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, menchuuy58 said:

Its terrifying. I have seen in a recent news that in Ireland that there are people now injecting microchips in their right hand. They use it to enter their rooms and even by products or services. They are going cashless nowadays.

Now that's scary. Let's just stay aware and careful of how we handle our finances. Especially, when it comes to the incoming change in society. Not everything is how it seems. Going cashless might make things for difficult for people in the long run. It reminds me of those dystopian society movies. 😲

5 hours ago, Steve5 said:

I guess that's their first and biggest mistake. They can't really expect to make money off anything if they do things like that. They're just very eager to become rich without really understanding the process in order to get there. 😂

Actually, it's greed that is their first fault when it comes to rushing into such investment without having all the necessary information at hand. 

It's good to be greedy at times because it what makes you to take some opportunities with both hands but apply sense when being greedy. 

5 hours ago, Steve5 said:

Now that's scary. Let's just stay aware and careful of how we handle our finances. Especially, when it comes to the incoming change in society. Not everything is how it seems. Going cashless might make things for difficult for people in the long run. It reminds me of those dystopian society movies. 😲

Personally, I'm fully in support of running a cashless policy and state. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as adequate security to prevent people's data because in a cashless society, data is worth millions. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Personally, I'm fully in support of running a cashless policy and state. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as adequate security to prevent people's data because in a cashless society, data is worth millions. 

That's okay. Many of us just aren't as comfortable with it. It's also possible that they'll eventually force people to put microchips in their bodies. So much of it can go wrong in a short amount of time. I'm more at ease with having cash as a means of money. 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Actually, it's greed that is their first fault when it comes to rushing into such investment without having all the necessary information at hand. 

It's good to be greedy at times because it what makes you to take some opportunities with both hands but apply sense when being greedy. 

I'm not sure about greed being any good since it's a negative trait. A better word could be determined. It means so much to have clear focus and determination in order to achieve one's goal. Such is necessary when it comes to investing in cryptocurrency.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:54 PM, Steve5 said:

I don't think it's dead. But it does seem to be getting less popular in terms of use. The various scams and disappointments lead to that. So you can't avoid how most people will abandon mining after losing money over it.

I think so too. This types of sites keep appearing on the net, promising you a big profit but boom! All your money is gone. I have been disappointed before too. I almost lost my trust in cryptocurrencies and I think this is happening to others too. 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:16 AM, Steve5 said:

That's okay. Many of us just aren't as comfortable with it. It's also possible that they'll eventually force people to put microchips in their bodies. So much of it can go wrong in a short amount of time. I'm more at ease with having cash as a means of money. 😂

The world might eventually get to that. So, I'm of the opinion that we should get ready for anything possible when it comes to technology advancement. 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:18 AM, Steve5 said:

I'm not sure about greed being any good since it's a negative trait. A better word could be determined. It means so much to have clear focus and determination in order to achieve one's goal. Such is necessary when it comes to investing in cryptocurrency.

There is a general saying here in my country that every business man is greedy and I personally agree with that assertion because in business, if you are not greedy, it's going to be very hard for you to expand your business. 

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2018 at 5:29 PM, Martinsx said:

There is a general saying here in my country that every business man is greedy and I personally agree with that assertion because in business, if you are not greedy, it's going to be very hard for you to expand your business. 

That's an interesting way of saying it. It is true that people are hoping to earn money for themselves. That's why they started businesses in the first place. So greedy in this sense would mean invested in one's own success. 😂

On 11/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, menchuuy58 said:

The trend of technology is going toward a cashless society. I think the micro chips is already out there. The Bible says in the book of Revelation people could not buy and sell without the mark of 666 in their right hand or forehead.

It's kind of creepy to hear that but I agree that it was in the bible. Technology is becoming more advance while its going toward in the future and there, microchip  will just implant it  to your hand  and people have to show it and need not to pay money. Going back to mining, I think mining is getting down as the bitcoin slows down also. The last time I invest for bitcoins it was kind of high but when I tried to withdraw it, it went down.

14 hours ago, Steve5 said:

That's an interesting way of saying it. It is true that people are hoping to earn money for themselves. That's why they started businesses in the first place. So greedy in this sense would mean invested in one's own success. 😂

Exactly! If you want to make money, you are definitely going to be willing to get greedy every now and then because it's the only way you would have the mind to take up the opportunity in front of you with an investment. 

All you have to do is to be greedy in a reasonable manner. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly! If you want to make money, you are definitely going to be willing to get greedy every now and then because it's the only way you would have the mind to take up the opportunity in front of you with an investment. 

All you have to do is to be greedy in a reasonable manner. 

I still don't like to use the term greedy for myself. Lots of people might take it the wrong way. 😂

This reminds me of the saying about seizing the opportunity in front of you. Opportunities can go away if you don't act fast enough.

Bitcoin protocol includes two interesting rules. 
First rule states that approximately every 4 years the pure block reward will drop down by half. Next drop is expected to happen in 2021. 
Second rule states that every 2016 blocks the difficulty is adjusted to keep average new block time on 10 minutes level.

So mining becomes less profitable in time without exceptions. Especially with the past year price drop.